A One-Name Study
Thomas James Joynt was born in County Mayo, Ireland in 1844 and he died in Scranton, PA. in 1916. Thomas had 16 children by two different wives.
He was married to his first wife, Bridget Ryan in 1866. She was born in Co. Mayo, Ireland and died in 1882. His second wife was Catherine Carr, born in Co. Sligo, Ireland. He married her in 1885. She died in 1917.
Children of Thomas James Joynt and Bridget Ryan:
*1. Henry Joseph Joynt b. 1867 d. Oct. 7, 1945 at age 76 buried Holy Cross Cemetery, Lackawanna, N.Y. m. Mary Loretta Manley/Mandley in 1889 in Manhattan, New York, New York. (marriage id 45 0004412, certificate number 7220)
*2. Annie Elizabeth b. March 20, 1969 d. Aug. 4, age 87 m. Thomas Murphy
3. Christopher b. 1871 d. 1893 never married.
4. Mary b. 1873 d. 1908 m. William Koch. no children
5. Elizabeth b. 1875 d. 1910 m. Frank Mellon one child, Louise died at about age 15.
6. James b. 1877 and died in infancy
7. William b. 1879 d. 1891. He smothered to death while working as a slate picker in antracite celliory.
Children of Thomas James Joynt and Catherine Carr:
8. Charles b. Feb. 4, 1884 (SSI lists Feb. 8) d. Sep. 1975 (from SSI) in Dearborn, MI m. Mary Agnes Dolores Corneby, Scranton, PA., 1907. 2 sons and 2 daughters
9. Helen (Nellie) b. 1886 d. Jan. 4, 1907
10. John b. 1888 d. Nov. 19, 1910
12. Belinda b. 1891 d. Mar. 23, 1948 m. P.J. Ruddy-Nov. 1921 3 children, Thomas (deceased at one year), Catherine and Henry
*13. Eugene b. Jan. 28, 1895 d. Mar. 1976 (SSI) in Scranton, PA.m. Genevieve McCann 1932
14. Andrew James deceased in infancy
*15. Florence b. Mar. 26, 1899. Lived in Scranton, PA. m. Peter E. Beadel Sep. 8, 1921
16. Frank b. May 14. 1901 (SSI) d. May, 1980 in PA (SSI) m. 1934 to Helen Mayson. One child Helen Marie Joynt
**Note: some notes that came with this family history mentioned that Henry and Mary Joynt and family moved to Lackawanna, NY about 1905 from Scranton, PA when the Lackawanna Iron and Steel Co. transferred. Name of co. changed to Bethlehem Steel Co. Henry worked in the Bessemer Mills. Later Henry maintained a barber shop at 2715 S. Park Ave., Lackawanna, NY. This info conflicts with the marriage certificate info that states they were married in Manhattan, NY in 1889.
1). Arthur William b. June 27, 1890 in Scranton, PA. d. Mar. 2, 1962 age 85 in Mobile, AL. m. Irene Bycroft of Niles, OH Apr. 22, 1915 in Youngstown, OH. Irene d. 1958 in Mobile, AL m. Agnes ?? in Mobile, AL. no children
2) Aloysius Stanislaus b. Feb. 2, 1892 in Scranton, PA. d. Jun. 6, 1976 in Avon, NY buried Orchard Park, NY m. Florence Mary Dunn Mar. 29, 1913 O.L.V. rectory
3) John Joseph (Jack) b. May 27, 1894 in Scranton, PA.d. Aug. 1979 (SSI) in NY. He was a bachelor. He fought in the WWI, was a councilman and head of Lackawanna VFW. Along with brother, Joe he operated a restaurant on S. Park Ave. called "Joynts". This restaurant caught fire in 1981. Nephew, Michael Joynt reopened restaurant in 1987 under name "JJ Muggs".
4) Leona Marcelline b. Feb. 14, 1896 in Scranton, PA d. Apr. 11, 1972 died suddenly at home on Salem St. in Buffalo, NY. buried section "K", Holy Cross Cemetery, Lackawanna, NY m. Eugene Joseph Hanavan, Buffalo, NY
5) Stanley Francis b. Apr 2, 1900 in Scranton, PA d. Mar, 1982, NY (SSI). At one time Chief of Police in Lackawanna. m. Vivian Mary Anderson.
6) Joseph Edward b. Jul 25, 1904 (1903 on SSI) d. Feb. 1979 (SSI) in NY. Operated restaurant with John Joseph (Jack).Amateur lightweight boxer fought Jimmy Slattery and Jack Dempsey in 1920s. m. Jun. 10, 1928 in Hamburg, NY Ethel Errington. m. Oct. 25, 1932 Elizabeth Walsh Purcell (2 children) m. Elizabeth I. Duffy (5 children)
1) George Wellington Joynt son of Aloysisus Stanislaus Joynt and Florence Mary Dunn b. Jan. 19, 1916. d. Feb. 1, 1993 in NY (SSI). George married Mary Lou Hettig.
2) Eugene Joseph Hannavan son of Leona Marcelline Joynt and Eugene Joseph Hannavan. b. Nov. 16, 1917 m. Jane Sullivan Cole
3) Mary Jean Hannavan dau. of Leona Marcelline Joynt and Eugene Joseph Hannavan b. Nov. 23, 1918
4) Helen Ruth Hannavan dau. of Leona Marcelline Joynt and Eugene Joseph Hannavan b. Mar. 6, 1921
5) Patricia Ann Joynt dau of Stanley Francis Joynt and Vivian Mary Anderson. b. Sep. 14, 1943 at Millard Fillmore Hospital, Buffalo, NY m. Kenneth Peter Fitzgerald.
6) Karen Loretta Joynt dau. of Stanley Francis Joynt and Vivian Mary Anderson b. Aug. 18, 1939 Lackawanna, NY. m. Jaroslav Michael Lucachik
7) Kevin Stanley Joynt son of Stanley Francis Joynt and Vivian Mary Anderson b. Sep. 7, 1943 in O.L.V. Hospital, Lackawanna, NY.
8) Joseph Edward Joynt son of Joseph Edward Joynt and Elizabeth Walsh Purcell b. Oct. 10, 1933 m. Barbara Ann Fabisch
9) Elaine Marie Joynt dau of Joseph Edward Joynt and Elizabeth Walsh Purcell b.Dec. 15, 1934 m. Christopher Georgevich
10) Margaret Joynt dau. of Joseph Edward Joynt and Elizabeth I Duffy m. ? Alessi
11) James Joynt son of Joseph Edward Joynt and Elizabeth I Duffy m. Cathy ??
12) Michael Joynt son of Joseph Edward Joynt and Elizabeth I Duffy m. Laura ??
13) Victoria Joynt dau of Joseph Edward Joynt and Elizabeth I Duffy m. Victor Biesiada
14) John A. Joynt son of Joseph Edward Joynt and Elizabeth I Duffy d. before 1997
1) Patricia Louise Joynt dau. of George Wellington Joynt and Mary Lou Hettig b. Mar 29, 1943-45 in Buffalo, NY. m. Daniel Tubbs in Avon NY on Jun 13, 1964. Alison Marie b. Apr 16, 1965
2) John Patrick Joynt son of Eugene Joseph Joynt and Jane Sullivan Cole b. Nov 6, 1953, Buffalo, NY
3) Sheila Joynt dau. of Eugene Joseph Joynt and Jane Sullivan Cole b. Jan 23, 1955 in Buffalo, NY
4) Michael Eugene Joynt son of Eugene Joseph Joynt and Jane Sullivan Cole b. Oct 17, 1956 in Buffalo, NY
5) Daniel Joynt son of Eugene Joseph Joynt and Jane Sullivan Cole b. Sep 12, 1957 in Buffalo, NY
6) Eileen Joynt dau.of Eugene Joseph Joynt and Jane Sullivan Cole b. May 19, 1960 in Buffalo, NY
7) Lisa Ann Fitzgerald dau. of Patricia Ann Joynt and Kenneth Peter Fitzgerald b. Apr 6, 1959 in Buffalo, NY
8) Shawn Peter Fitzgerald son of Patricia Ann Joynt and Kenneth Peter Fitzgerald b. Feb 21, 1960 in Buffalo, NY
9) Gail Marie Fitzgerald dau. of Patricia Ann Joynt and Kenneth Peter Fitzgerald b. Feb 19, 1961 in Jamestown, NY
10) Bradley Scott Fitzgerald son of Patricia Ann Joynt and Kenneth Peter Fitzgerald b. May 3, 1962 in Jamestown, NY
11) Polly Lynn Fitzgerald dau of Patricia Ann Joynt and Kenneth Peter Fitzgerald b. Nov 28, 1965 in Jamestown, NY
12) Amy Beth Lucachik dau of Karen Loretta Joynt and Jaroslav Michael Lucachik b. May 23, 1963, Buffalo, NY
13) Michael David Lucachik son of Karen Loretta Joynt and Jaroslav Michael Lucachik b. Jul 1, 1964 in Buffalo, NY
14) Tracy Ann Lucachik dau of Karen Loretta Joynt and Jaroslav Michael Lucachik b. May 17, 1969 in Buffalo, NY
1) Frank J. Murphy son of Annie Elizabeth Joynt and Thomas Murphy b. Jun 20, 1894 m. Elizabeth Sep 3, 1917 no children
2) Daniel P. Murphy son of Annie Elizabeth Joynt and Thomas Murphy b. Jan 3, 1897 m. Nov. 1917 Esther Wymeyer. One child only lived a few days.m. 1921 Elizabeth Ann Eckert. No children.d. Jan 30, 1949.
3) William H. Murphy b. Dec 20, 1896 m. Mary Novstny Feb 3, 1936. No children. d. Sep 1, 1967
1) Paul b. 1934 m. 1955 to Georgine Stark
2) Eugene b. 1937 m. Oct, 1959 to Mildred Clark
3) Ann Marie b. 1959 m. Sep, 1959 to Carl Manusco
1) Paul Joynt son of Paul Joynt and Georgine Stark
2) Pamela Joynt dau. of Paul Joynt and Georgine Stark
3) Patrice Joynt dau. of Paul Joynt and Georgine Stark
4) Paula Joynt dau. of Paul Joynt and Georgine Stark
5) David Joynt son of Eugene Joynt and Mildred Clark
6) Jeffrey Joynt son of Eugene Joynt and Mildred Clark
7) Jeanine Joynt dau of Eugene Joynt and Mildred Clark
8) James Joynt son of Eugene Joynt and Mildred Clark
9) Thomas Mancuso son of Ann Marie Joynt and Carl Mancuso
10) Mary Therese Mancuso dau. of Ann Marie Joynt and Carl Mancuso
11) Mary Grace Mancuso dau of Ann Marie Joynt and Carl Mancuso
12) Carl Mancuso son of Ann Marie Joynt and Carl Mancuso
1) Thomas M. Beadel b. Apr 18, 1922 m. Jun 1942 to Agnes Moore
2) Eugene F. Beadel b. Sep 1927 m. Jan 1948 to Lynn Bailey
1) Linda L. Beadel dau of Thomas M. Beadel and Agnes Moore b. 1943 Chicago m. 1965 to John English
2) Kathleen L. Beadel dau of Thomas M Beadel and Agnes Moore b. 1948 in Chicago
3) Patricia Beadel dau of Eugene F. Beadel and Lynn Bailey
4) Richard Beadel son of Eugene F. Beadel and Lynn Bailey
5) James Beadel son of Eugene F. Beadel and Lynn Bailey
6) Sandra Beadel dau of Eugene F. Beadel and Lynn Bailey
7) John Beadel son of Eugene F. Beadel and Lynn Bailey